An auto accident is every driver’s worst nightmare. Accidents are unexpected and often deadly. They can be terrifying and cause emotional trauma for months after the accident has occurred. The scariest thing about auto accidents is that they are often not your fault. You cannot control the drivers around you, and even the most attentive driver is at risk. If you’ve been involved in an auto accident that resulted in a personal injury, it’s very important to handle the case in a timely fashion. In California and Nevada, automobile claims have very strict time limits placed on them. If you wait too long, it may be impossible for you to seek compensation for physical and emotional trauma sustained in a car accident. Call us immediately to set up a free consultation. We will examine your case and answer your questions at no cost. You’ve got nothing to lose by educating yourself.
Auto Accidents Happen Every Day
Auto accidents are the most common accident in the United States. Even with strict vehicle and travel laws such as speed limits, traffic signals, and other regulations enforced by the local police, thousands of accidents still occur every day. In the United States, nearly six million accidents occur each year. Of these accidents, an enormous percentage of incidents result in serious injuries to involved parties. While drivers are required by law to have automobile insurance, many drivers are still uninsured. What do you do when you have to file a claim against an uninsured driver? What do you do when an insurance company refuses to compensate you for the injuries you sustained in an accident? An attorney can help you answer these questions.
Automobile accidents are not a rarity, they are quite common. You are not alone. We handle these types of personal injury claims on a regular basis, so we know exactly how to approach your situation. We know the questions to ask, the statements to take, and the expectations to give you. Even if your accident didn’t happen in Huntington Beach, auto accident attorney Brent Caldwell will walk the path with you, back to becoming whole again. We encourage you to set up a free consultation today.
When the Law is on YOUR Side
Dealing with an insurance company by yourself after an automobile accident can be a lonely experience. Insurance adjusters and claims specialists will use any technique possible to limit the award given you after your accident. Remember, an insurance company is a business. These companies make money by balancing payments with payouts. The less money they can give you after your accident, the more money they get to keep. Not all insurance companies are dishonest, but all successful insurance companies are business-oriented. Hiring an attorney who is focused on you and your situation is the best way to even the score in an insurance claim debate. When the law is on your side, you are far more likely to walk away with the compensation you need and deserve. The Law Offices of Brent W. Caldwell handle hundreds of these cases per year. Our clients know that we care about their lives, their health, and their well-being.
Contact us today for a free consultation, and you can move forward with your life.
After an Accident
When you are involved in an accident, the last thing you want to be doing is dealing with the details. Accidents are disorienting and terrifying. We understand this. However, it’s important to arm yourself with everything you need to handle insurance claims in the near future. When you’re involved in an accident, remember to complete these simple steps. Doing so will make sure that you are covered. An attorney from the Law Offices of Brent W. Caldwell can use this information to get you the compensation you need.
- First, insist that the police department be called, and make an official police report for the accident. This documentation is invaluable when handling an auto injury insurance claim.
- Take down the name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, and insurance policy number of every person involved in the automobile accident. Do not leave the scene of the accident without this information.
- If at all possible, take down contact information for any witnesses to the accident. Witnesses can include pedestrians, other drivers, or even business owners who were not involved in the accident.
- If possible, take photographs of the accident scene from many different angles. Using a mobile device with photo capabilities is a great way to document the scene of an accident. Later, you can reconstruct the accident with the help of these photographs.
- DO NOT discuss the accident or sign any documentation without first talking to your lawyer. Even an innocent statement can be used against you by an insurance company or another party.
- Visit your physician as soon as possible to document all injuries sustained in the automobile accident. Pay careful attention to issues with memory loss, disorientation, loss of balance, ringing in the ears, and difficult seeing, as these can be signs of deeper, more serious conditions.
- Finally, contact Huntington Beach auto accident attorney Brent Caldwell for assistance handling your auto injury claim. He is an attorney who knows the ins and outs of filing these claims, and he can ensure that you receive the most compensation for your loss.