Top Rated Orange County Lemon Law Attorneys
Experienced Lawyers Representing the Rights of California Consumers
Buying a car or another motor vehicle is a major investment. No matter how much research you conduct or how many recommendations you get, there is always the chance that you might end up purchasing a lemon. Many vehicle buyers do not realize their cars or SUVs do not function properly for months after the purchase. By this time, you might have spent significant money, time, and stress dealing with multiple repairs and other inconveniences. It is important to know that California has a “lemon law” that specifically protects consumers in this situation.
If you believe that you have a lemon, you should learn about your rights from a qualified Orange County personal injury attorney. The Law Offices of Brent W. Caldwell is ready to help.
Lemon Law Overview
Lemon laws are complex, and it can be difficult to understand your legal rights and options as the owner of a vehicle that does not work as it should. Under California law, people who unknowingly buy a vehicle that is a lemon are entitled to a replacement or refund from the manufacturer.
The first step is to determine whether you, in fact, have a lemon under the law. You might have a lemon if the following are true:
- You leased or purchased a new car or a used car with a warranty from a California vehicle dealer
- While the car was under warranty, you needed to take it to the dealer several times because of the same problem
- The dealer made multiple attempts to fix your car, but the same issue persists
- The problem is a serious one that affects the use, safety, or value of the car
If the above are true and you have a lemon, you need to speak with a lemon law attorney as soon as possible.
What Should You Do as a Lemon Owner?
You can take steps to protect your rights as a consumer under lemon laws in California, and you should not hesitate to do any of the following:
- Inform the dealer or manufacturer that you are experiencing specific problems with your car, and take the car to the dealer or manufacturer as soon as you notice problems
- Make sure to keep careful notes and documents regarding when the problem began, the attempted repairs, your time without the vehicle, and other issues you experienced. Save every receipt from repair attempts, as you should not assume the dealer will retain these documents.
- If you continue having problems, contact a lemon law attorney right away.
If lemon owners meet certain criteria, they can be entitled to receive a replacement vehicle or receive a refund for the vehicle so they can purchase a new car.
Contact an Orange County Lemon Law Lawyer Today
After buying a car, you should not face the hassle of constant breakdowns and repairs. The Law Offices of Brent W. Caldwell regularly helps lemon owners get the relief they deserve, so please contact us to learn how a California lemon law attorney can help in your situation.